Most recent tweets...
25 key tweets from 2012-13...
- 17 May "Building trust and understanding is the key to everything." – wisdom from a board member, just now, in a conversation about excellence
- 9 May "You can't norm enough!" – vet board president, this morning, during a rich chat about crucial habits and standards of great governing
- 8 Apr Rich insights about the Finnish model for excellence in public education @ http://bit.ly/Xtis4S
- 4 Apr
"There are just so
many moving parts, it's crazy!" – cutting-edge superintendent on the
massive accumulation of "change mandates" in CO
- 2 Apr "Let's not call it strategic planning, let's go with strategic DOING..." – collaboration guru @ today's CO BOCES Assoc mtg
- 15 Mar
"We have to reclaim
the democratic aspect of public education..." – Diane Ravitch, NSBA
- 11 Mar "I fear that our leaders in education are educating for the last century." – Karl Fisch on ed changes afoot, http://bit.ly/13QAEIF
- 5 Mar "It's great when you know that people are asking, 'How will this impact rural?'" – superintendent from the 75% of CO that's "small system"
- 13 Feb "Hands down it's helping make me a better teacher." – member of CDE's Rural Ed Council on educator effectiveness pilot process, last week
- 30 Jan "Choosing what we are going to ignore may (be)...the most impt, most strategic time-mgmt decision of all – McKinseyRept http://bit.ly/X0y75K
- 24 Jan RT @richardgerver: When are politicians going to construct education policy based on the needs of kids rather than media headlines and...
- 11 Jan "Leadership feels like a talking role, but it is predominately a listening role." – more from today's Leading Blog, http://bit.ly/VQgrgI
- 21 Dec "Lead. Solve. Change." – on all materials of the Buechner Institute for Governance @ its first-Friday breakfasts
- 11 Dec #1 suggestion post BigConvening? Absorb Tom Vander Ark @ http://bit.ly/T5916X . PPT @ http://bit.ly/VAO3uZ . Listen. Think. Act.
- 29 Nov "Your voice counts!" – CDE commissioner Robert Hammond encouraging CASB leaders at the BigConvening
- 29 Nov "You need a pipeline with your local leaders to the state level" – Rep Tom Massey at rural leadership gathering, CASB convention
- 23 Oct "What we don't have is the financial ability to hire extra teaching time to help students catch up."– exec at today's West Slope supts mtg.
- 20 Aug "None of this really matters as long as [leaders are] passionately driven for a cause beyond themselves." – excellence guru Jim Collins
- 17 Aug Stay sharp with Colorado's $$ challenges. Sign up for CO School Finance Project's free email updates & links at http://www.cosfp.org
- 7 Aug "Now is the time to create a system that is equitable, innovative and sufficiently funded." – from new CO School Finance Partnership report
- 25 Jul "Colorado's financial crisis can't solve itself." – Douglas County student leader Hayley Stromberg, this morning @ CASE convention
- 19 Jul
harder is not the same thing as raising expectations." – wisdom amid a
board conversation abt increasing student achievement
- 17 Jul "Our financial reality is just awful." – vet board member discussing the challenge of redefining "quality" in this era of stress and less